Cuppa Tea & Chat Time


I'm not one to normally post content like this, but sometimes writing down your feelings is the only way to survive in this chaotic and disturbed world. So please, bare with me while I pour my frustrations out into text. 


“If they respect you, respect them. If they disrespect you, still respect them. Do not allow the actions of others to decrease your good manners, because you represent yourself, not others.”
- Mohammad Zeyara


There are few things that I value in a person. Trust, honesty, loyalty, respect. Four terms that generally sum up the kind of girl I am. 
I am the girl who prides myself on being honest always, to others and to myself. I am the girl who is respectful of other peoples thoughts and opinions. I am the girl who...
believes in the good in everyone. And I am the girl who thinks that standing by the side of someone who you know would move continents to stand by yours is one of the greatest testaments to a persons character. It's all kinds of cliche, and almost sounds self-absorbed to write these things about myself. But the harsh reality is that I hold myself to those standards, and I hold the people I surround myself with to those standards as well. 


While these are all of the utmost importance to me, the one thing that bothers me the most is people being disrespectful. If I have an opinion on something, do not tell me that I am wrong. It is what I believe, and I am entitled to my own opinion. If you cannot respect my right to think for myself and form my own individual opinion, then you do not deserve my respect either. Nor do you deserve my trust, my loyalty or my honesty. Because of the kind of person I am, I will most likely give it to you anyway - whether you continue to abuse it or not. That's where the believing there is good is everyone comes in. 

I may seem naive to you, I may seem to big for my boots, I may even - put simply - seem like a complete bitch. But DO NOT underestimate or undermine me. Do not for one second act as though you are a bigger, better person. Do not act as though my opinions are of no substance or value. Do not treat me as though I am a child. And do not allow yourself to think for even one second that you have a right or reason to be so completely disrespectful towards me. 

No matter what the circumstance, no matter the history, no matter the person - no one deserves to be disrespected. 

#endrant

If you'd like to see what I'm up to then you can check out my Instagram or subscribe to my Bloglovin' to make sure you get notified when I upload new content. 

Don't forget to check out all my travelling blogs from my whirlwind trip around Europe!


Lot's of love - Jem xxx