Two Year Anniversary: For The Love Of London!


I can't believe I am actually writing this post but it has officially been two years today since the craziest, scariest (only in hindsight), most exciting and at the same time disheartening day of my life to date. 


On this day two years ago, I threw myself into the absolute unknown and flipped my world upside down by moving to the other side of the world. I had not traveled out side of  Aus before and I was yet to move out of home, but I had never been one to do anything the normal, boring way. 
I remember the exact way I felt as I left my family at the departure gate at Melbourne airport and said my final goodbyes with teary eyes (my Dad crying really choked me up). I didn't feel nervous, or scared, or even worried about moving. I just felt so neutral about the whole thing. From saying goodbye, to waiting to board the plane alone, to actually landing in London - it just felt like my average everyday life. Like it was just something I was meant to do at that point in my life. 

 

There is not a bad thing I can say about London. The city just fit me so perfectly! I loved everything about it, the people, the buzz, the ever sweaty tube, the gorgeous streets that looked like you had popped into the set of Notting Hill for the day, the parks and greenery, the fashion.. EVERYTHING! 
I definitely think that moving to London changed me for the better. I've learnt how to know who to trust and what I look for in a true friend. I also learnt how to fend for myself and live with other people - strangers in fact - who are all very different from me. 

Marble Arch, Oxford Street, London
There's not a whole lot more to say about my adventure into the unknown, other than I encourage every single one of you to do exactly the same thing if the opportunity arises. This will probably be the most important and life changing thing I ever did, and has helped to shape who I am today. Take risks, and live on the crazy side of life. I'd move back in a heartbeat if I could! London will forever have a place in my heart and so will all the cherished memories I have, spent with all the gorgeous life long friends I made along the way. You guys all have no idea how thankful I am that I met you and how excited I am to see you all again in the future. 








Well that's all for now! Want more? Make sure to follow me on Instagram to keep up with my day to day life and until next time, all my love! Jem x